Fruit Fest!

For our family one of the best parts of the summer is the fresh delicious delicious fresh fruit found at the farmers market.  My kids simply can’t get enough of it, they regularly consume half of a watermelon or musk melon in one sitting or even a pound of blueberries.  I’m pretty such my youngest would be a fruitarian is I allowed it. We decided last week to have a special fruit kabob lunch.

All you need for your fruit kabobs is an array of cut up fruit and a few skewers.

Here’s Elliot working on his fine motor skills with a strawberry.

Here’s Elliot eating his hard work, no delayed gratification for him!

Concentration.

Stella and her patterned fruit kabob.  Cantaloupe, blueberry, watermelon, strawberry, repeat! What a great hands on way to have the math lesson of the day!

Lunch time!  Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Children, Homeschool, Recipes, Tutorial. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted August 10, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

I could be a fruitarian too. Looks SO yummy!!!

2. Posted August 10, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Summer abundance! I love the luxurious feeling of having fresh fruit to choose from.

3. Posted August 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

My guys and I could also be fruit only for life! Patterned fruit kabobs; ADORABLE!

4. Posted August 10, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

I LOVE this idea … I’m going to try it with my two kiddos this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

Posted August 10, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

I hope your kids enjoy as much as mine did Debi!

6. Posted August 13, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Mmmm, we love fruit. This would be fun to do for lunch one day.

7. Posted August 13, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Permalink